Seafood Nation


Advertisement
Madagascar's flag
Africa » Madagascar
August 8th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

HOLIDAY!!!!
I thought it might take a while to settle into the holiday vibe, but we have been busy having a wicked time and have both forgotten all about work! We left Diego and headed for Ankarana, a national park, where we saw dramatic tsingy (like another world! the first settlers must have wondered what they'd stumbled across!) and got really close to crowned lemurs. I have been used to having lemurs around but not this close, you could reach out and touch them. As a conservationist I find animals in NPs being habituated to humans a bit rubbish, but it was an amazing experience all the same.
We then headed for Nosy Be (Big Island) where we ate beautiful fresh seafood and sat on the beach before taking the ferry to Mahajunga, where we are now. The ferry was a bit cramped, especially for 20 hours, but the mood was lightened by Malagasy music videos and an MTV programme of American students dancing very badly to a range of ridiculous songs.
From here we head to Tana by taxi brousse, 15 hours we've been told, ouch! The plan from there is as yet unfinalised!
In a week I fly home, and I have had lots of lovely emails arranging to see people, can't wait to see you all and catch up on your news!
PS Katie, if you read this congratulations on your new job, I'm thrilled for you! I will be in Frome on the bank holiday weekend and would LOVE to see you. Will call when I'm home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb