Important Mistakes to Avoid on African Safaris Tour, According to Experts


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
October 2nd 2023
Published: October 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Lions, leopards, and elephants, oh my! An exotic African Safaris trip sounds appealing, but so does falling for these rookie mistakes. Therefore, we consulted professionals to ensure the antics were left to the animals.

We sought advice from professionals about the most common blunders tourists make on safari to help you avoid making the same ones I did. The following are the top vacation blunders that safari experts suggest you avoid.

Mistake no 1: Dressing yourself in the incorrect colors

The khaki, cargo'safari clothing everyone wears in safari pictures isn't necessary. However, if you wear camouflage clothing, you can avoid alarming the wildlife.

If your trip includes a bush walk, leave your black and white clothes at home, which are considered "dangerous" colors. Instead, pack neutral hues like olive green and beige. Don't wear blue or black on game drives since tsetse flies and other insects are drawn to the contrast.

Mistake no 2: Bringing unsuitable clothing

While it may seem like safaris take place in perpetually balmy weather, day and nighttime temperatures vary widely. When packing for a safari, don't forget about the cool evenings and especially the cool mornings.

There's no need to get dressed up for this. Even the most luxurious lodges have a casual dress policy, so getting dressed is unnecessary.

Mistake no 3: Ignoring the advice of the experts

The quality of a safari and the safety of its visitors depend heavily on the knowledge and experience of the guides. Once you've decided on a reliable company, it's time to pay attention to the advisors' advice.

These guides have undergone considerable training, making them experts in any circumstances that may arise when adventuring. Client safety and satisfaction are top priorities for them.

Mistake no 4: Anticipate the presence of wildlife at every turn

To best observe the animals, game drives will occur (very) early in the morning and (very) late in the afternoon. Remember that you are in the wild, and the animals are not tame. "Most visitors are pretty considerate of others and their space.

However, they frequently forget to put their cell phones on silent mode. To capture an image of an animal, some people may go so far as to make noises. There are better places to take risks or show courage.

Mistake no 5: Neglecting to apply sunblock and bug spray

Inquire with your doctor about the best precautions for your upcoming trip. You'll have plenty of time to fill any necessary prescriptions. This will be including malaria medication, which must be taken for the first time no less than 48 hours before departure.

Mistake no 6: Staying behind the camera

It's exciting to take pictures of the fantastic animals. But seeing Couture will remind you of why you came. Take a break from hiding behind your camera. Taking pictures is a significant component of making memories while travelling.

However, experiencing the voyage through your senses in real-time is of equal importance. Taking home unforgettable memories and stunning photographs from a safari is like getting the best of both worlds.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.598s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.2244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb