Which are the Best Retreats in East Africa for Wellness?


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
October 2nd 2023
Published: October 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Listed below are five best retreats in East Africa that provide a variety of healthful activities, from running in the great outdoors to relaxing spa treatments.

Spa visits, massages, yoga, and even long walks in the woods are all examples of what the term "wellness" has come to include. No matter how significant a holiday may be for you, it is not an excuse to abandon your efforts to maintain a healthy routine.

SALT of Palmar, Mauritius

Located on the eastern coast of Mauritius, SALT of Palmar goes above and beyond the typical beach resort design. It provides visitors with various fitness and sightseeing options. Take a fat bike ride to the local farmer's market, participate in a morning yoga and meditation stroll along the beach, or take a refreshing trek in the hills.

The spa offers a more laid-back approach to health and wellness. After a foot scrub and massage, clients can unwind in a salt room. This is where salt bricks release restorative particles into the air that are good for the skin and lungs.

Kenya's Ol Donyo Lodge

Ol Donyo Lodge's new Wild Studio Yoga retreats are designed to enhance guests' overall time spent in the wilderness. Sunrise yoga and meditation sessions with a view of Kilimanjaro are available to guests.

The rest of the day unfolds similarly to a standard safari. It has the addition of activities like silent bush walks (inspired by the Japanese habit of 'forest bathing,' the deliberate act of taking in nature's sights, sounds, and fragrances).

Bushmans Kloof, South Africa

Approximately three hours west of Cape Town, in the beautiful foothills of the Cederberg Mountains, you'll find Bushmans Kloof, one of South Africa's best wellness retreats.

At the award-winning spa, visitors may relax with massages under a garden gazebo while taking in nature's sights, sounds, and scents. Relax in the tranquillity lounge after a session in the crystal steam room. It features a pure rock quartz block for therapeutic steaming.

The healthiest way to spend time in nature is by participating in one of the many offered outdoor activities. This includes hiking, biking, swimming, or canoeing.

Singita Grumeti, Tanzania

Singita has the ultimate safari challenge for female runners. The Serengeti Girls Run, a three-day, all-female, 30-kilometer (19-mile) or 90-kilometer (56-mile) run across the Serengeti, debuted last year.

The funds raised will go toward scholarships for the next generation of conservationist women. There are twenty runners at any ability level. The only requirement is that everyone arrives at the next Singita camp before dusk.

Travel to the Grumeti anti-poaching team and meet local girls. They will benefit from the programs over three days while jogging over the plains with the help of cars.

Segera Retreat, Kenya

Segera places a strong emphasis on health and wellness. Well, Segera, a spa on the Laikipia Plateau, incorporates traditional ceremony into its spa treatments. They use ingredients like sage, lavender, and camel milk in its rock baths. Plus, they also use oils infused with garden herbs and washes created with local spices, salt, and earth.

In addition to the rejuvenating salt water in the pool, guests can sweat away impurities in the Rasul steam room. Outdoor yoga and Pilates classes can be held in the gardens or on wooden decks.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb