Safari


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Masai Mara NP
June 27th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Have just had the most amazing time on safari in the Masai Mara, yes I know you're all well aware where I am, I just had to rub it in again. It's been fantastic, I have seen bucket loads of zebras, gazelles, umpalas, lions, giraffes, elephants and wilderbeast. It is really hot here, but pretty cold at night, and I haven't been brave enough to get up in the middle of the night to go to the loo, even though there was a Masai warrior to escort us, it was still too scary! We went to a Masai village and had their beer, which was actually not as minging as I thought, and I have started shopping already (need another backpack to bring all this stuff) and am incredibly bad at bartering so the Masai women were probably wetting themselves laughing at how much I paid for stuff. The food is great, Kenyan beer is pretty good too and very cheap, and I think it keeps the mozzies away so I will keep going purely for medicinal purposes. And in case anyone was wondering, I have NOT used my hair straightners. I am getting into this safari thing and most mornings cannot even be bothered to wash my face. I look like a Greenpeace supporter but it's great.
Lots of Love xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb