Lake Nakuru NP Game drive and party night


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Lake Nakuru NP
October 9th 2008
Published: December 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lake Nakuru is famous for Flamingos and White Rhino. We were all excited because not everyone had seen a Rhino and those that had had seen black Rhinos. We set off early to make our way to the park, on the drive to the gate we spotted a white Rhino!!! We entered the park and headed straight for the soda lake where we were surrounded by thousands of pink flamingos. We were allowed out of the truck to get closer to the lake. After loads of photos we got back in the truck and drove around the park. It wasn't long before we found buffalos, Elands (which our driver informed us is the biggest antelope in Africa) and of course white Rhinos. We found a family of Rhinos who were teaching the young one how to fight!! We drove up the hill to the look out for lunch where our cook Duncan had to have a fight with a baboon who tried to steal one of our crates of food. While we were getting on the truck we saw a group of local school children havving their luch stolen by baboons!!! The truck developed a problem and the boys had to get put on push!!

We had to be out of the park by 4, left on time and made our way to lake Navishia for party night!!! We had all put some money in and Mark and Fiona were going to make a punch. Carman and Camille had bought some gold wrapping paper and made us all gold bows as you do!! The bows were on the punch was made and the night desended into chaos photos to prove it!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0975s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb