Eldoret or Eldo-awesome?


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Eldoret
January 7th 2009
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

NervousNervousNervous

This is Pat as he is just realizing that we had lost our luggage. We've been without our bags now for 5 days but I am happy to report that we both picked up new Kenyan underpants yesterday.
We've been staying in the medium to large sized city of Eldoret now since Sunday. This should be our home for the next 7 weeks. Initially, the staff at our little complex of apartments had Sarah engaged to a different person named Patrick, which has worked in our favor because we have a pimp pad and would have only had a single room with outside bath. We've been working in the Moi Teaching and Referal Hospital now for the past couple days and traveling to town in the afternoon in order to breath in the dust and tempt fate and the crazy drivers. Attached are some pictures of our house and around the town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Outside HouseOutside House
Outside House

Here is the front of our sweet bungalow complete with pool and rockin' bad minton court
Sweet ClothesSweet Clothes
Sweet Clothes

Here Pat is with the same shirt and jeans he's been wearing for 5 days straight. When he wants to mix it up he takes the undershirt and wears it on the outside because he believes this makes him looks sexier.
PlantyPlanty
Planty

Here is the most impressive shrub I've ever seen. We plan on digging it up and bringing it back for Ed to plant in Kentucky.


8th January 2009

Crazy African Plant
I love it! I'm digging a hole in our backyard right now. Do you plan on doing a carry on or checking it? If you can get it to Louisville, turns out we have plenty of sherpas (go figure) to get it over to Lexington. They all speak Kentuckian pretty well, which I am still trying to master myself. Hear it's better than learning Swahili (sp?)

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb