Nairobi and Nakuru Lake National Park


Advertisement
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
August 13th 2013
Published: August 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We departed Kakamega at five in the morning(we were supposed to leave earlier but someone had trouble waking up at 330am) , for the long bumpy drive on the rough roads to the capital city of Kenya. Anton, Francis, Our pilot Evans, and I were the rough riders. The drive was a long and tiring one, we for the most part the guys slept, but i had to stay awake to keep Evans the driver awake. We Arr... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Dik DikDik Dik
Dik Dik

These are very interesting characters, they are very small maybe comparable to the body size of a Scottish terrier. They are born as twins, so the mother always gives girth to two Dik Diks. and these two grow up together and rely on each other to survive, and I was told that if one of them dies, the other will die very soon after!
Dark Spotted Giraffe Dark Spotted Giraffe
Dark Spotted Giraffe

my favorite animal!
LionsLions
Lions

These guys were so far away! Probably 200 meters away. And about 50 meters in front of them there was a single wildebeest grazing in the knee high grass. I swear when we got the call that the lions were out, and we got to where they were, it wasn't long before everyone in the park rolled in.
Rainy LionsRainy Lions
Rainy Lions

Cats don't like to get wet? Yah its true they hung around for a bit, but it wasn't long before they retreated back into the tree-line.
Pouring C(rain)Pouring C(rain)
Pouring C(rain)

Kenya's Unpredictable weather made it a concern when the down pour set in. Being in a small sedan on mud roads in the middle of a national park. last thing we wanted was to get stuck in the mud! This particular part of the road went right in-between two ponds and water was already starting to wash over the road! My eyes never left the window the whole time in the park. and this fishing crane was standing out in the pond in the pouring rain.



17th August 2013

Labeling photos
This is a great blog and I love the details you include about the city. Can you go back and label some more of the animal photos? Some are obvious, like the zebra and giraffe, but others are less clear. I'd love to read more about each picture. Thanks!
3rd February 2014

updated!
I added the labels, and added a little bit to the text. I found it really hard to maintain my blog while in Kenya. How do you do it? I have Moments where being back in the USA something will trigger a memory, and it will bring my mind back in such detail that it literally almost makes me cry, to think about how much I miss Kenya. Im going to ReBlog these memories when they occur. I mean when I was living in Kenya, there was never a dull moment but never blogged them..

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb