On Our Way


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
February 26th 2007
Published: February 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today is Monday, February 26, 2007. We plan to leave for Greensboro, NC tomorrow at approximately 7:00 AM for our trip around the world for 80 days. Our flight from Greensboro to Detroit, MI is at 12:30 PM. We will stop in High Point to have breakfast with our son, Jeff, before leaving. We will go from Greensboro, NC, to Detroit MI, to Amsterdam, to Nairobi, Kenya, arriving at approximately 10:00 PM local time on Wednesday.
We have taken care of all necessary details here (including arrangements for our prize Dog "Tide") and look forward to arriving in Nairobi. We are looking forward to seeing Dr. Hal and Ruthan Burchel again and being trained for our missionary work there. Since we have worked with them before for a short time, we think we understand generally what it will be like, but we will go around with Dr. Burchel and meet the people that we will be partnering with. We want to get there but we are already starting to miss family and friends in North Carolina, Alabama, California, and around the country. Our three daughters, one son-in-law, two grandaughters, and four grandsons, plan to visit us in mid March so maybe we will not get very homesick. Also, a pastor friend of ours, Pastor Mark Hollar and his daughter Laura will visit in March so we will have some company. We want to invite our friends who want to participate in a Kenya Mission Trip to visit us while we are there. We would love to see you. We plan to leave Kenya on May 15, 2007 and return home. We hope to have this opportunity again in future years.
If we can, we will post some pitcures on the blog so that you can see where we will be working. We will add to the journal when we arrive there. We will keep you posted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb