Education


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana
August 19th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Education:

We should never be too old to learn something new. This blog site is a new learning experience for me. I’d like to pass on to you the little knowledge I’ve gained.

At the bottom of each blog entry is a “Comments” box. You are invited to type a message in this box and have it posted along with the entry for others to see. You can use it to send a message to the students or your thoughts, encouragements, scripture concerning the entry. Maybe you have a question, post it as “public”; I can also reply you on the blog. Maybe someone else will appreciate your question and the answer as well. Posting your comments publicly can be kind of fun and at times educating for other readers. There is also an option to send me a private message. This is sent directly to my own email address and I am unable to post it so your message is safe and secure from public view.

Several people are asking what is needed at the school

* Solar System Posters and/or a view of the Earth from space (laminated are best)

* Five quality, durable, old style hand crank pencil sharpeners that are mounted on the wall.

* On the Subject of Grammar/ Reading/Math:
Identical “K and Pre-K” Dollar Store Work Books in groups of 10
Identical 1st grade Dollar Store Work Books in groups of 15 per subject.

* Glow in the dark little ditties (star, smiley faces etc) that can be stuck on the ceiling. I like to use these to give a clear “visual” of the constellations. I stick them on the ceiling in the correct shape. Turn out the lights and lay on the floor. Let them get the picture in their mental banks then run outdoors and find it in the sky. It’s active and fun for evening classes.

* 10 magnifying glasses would be something fun thing to have.

* Card games such as Concentration, Old Maid, Go Fish (we already have Uno)

* Thanks to your generosity over the past year, we are well supplied on Pencils, Markers, and Coloring Books.

The BEST WAY to send something to us is (if possible) to put it in an envelope the size of a video tape. This will come directly to our post box. We also will not have to pay any custom duties as we do with other packages.

When sending a package, PLEASE, do not over estimate the value of the contents. We pay according to the value you list on the customs tag on the outside of the package. Every post office is different, some will allow you to simply list “gift” others will not.

Hope your last weeks of "summer vacation" are wonderful, enjoyable weeks for you.
Christine


Advertisement



26th August 2007

Keep the blogs coming
Nana Adjua, Ophilia and Cynthia are in the house with me today. Cynthia greets you and thanks you for visiting them. Ophilia greets you and thanks you for the books you sent. Praise sends an "Atoo" back to you.

Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb