Punishment Problems at the School


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana
August 12th 2007
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our Special Student "Bella Life"Our Special Student "Bella Life"Our Special Student "Bella Life"

Bella is a very good(science class)student always on time and always attending class. She's very social friendly and playful
Punishment Problems at the school:
If I say;
“Detention” Stay after school - oh they would LOVE to!
“Come to school on Saturday” - They would LOVE to come on Saturday too!
“Write sentences 100 times” - Daily, they beg me for writing assignments!
Every project in life has challenges but how many schools have such problems as this?!

***********

Meet one of our special students: “Bella Life”
Bella is part of our science class. The students have sole responsibility for her feeding and pen. Bella, the first of three orphaned baby goats, came to us when she was just 2wks old. In the first weeks of her life with us, the students mixed milk with a local corn mash. This did satisfy her hunger for a time but her health began to deteriorate. That’s when Bella took a trip to the veterinary office along with her primary care taker, a 5th grade student named Ophilia.

This trip was a learning experience for all of us. The first lesson learned was by Ophilia. When asked “where are we taking Bella”. She responded, “to the hospital”. She having visited the hospital herself a few years previously, knew that we were taking Bella to the “people hospital”. She had no idea that there are “people doctors” AND “animal doctors”. What a precious lesson.

After this trip, it was Ophilia’s assignment to give a report to the class on what we learned about goat body structures and care. From this day on, several times a day, the students would be seen chasing down some lactating, female goat. Following close behind was a jumping, running baby “Bella”. Though she has since been weaned, she will still come running to the scene if a mature goat is bellowing from being held captive for some reason.

If you scroll down to the entry named “Welcome”, you will see the photo that should be in this entry. How the photo of Bella ended up someplace else is beyond me. I’m still trying to get control of this blog thing. 

I apologize if you have been bombarded with blog entry notices. The entire Travel Blog web site crashed and everything was lost. Several people are working on finding the lost entries. Though you most likely have read them, each time a lost entry is reinstated I fear you will get a notice.

Have a Great and Blessed week!
Christine & Co


Advertisement



13th August 2007

Brilliant student/teacher :)
My goodness! Are you teaching Bella science? I wouldn't put it past you - when you put your mind to it I'm sure you can do anything! I'm enjoying your blog very much and, no, the notifications are not annoying, just confusing. Takes me a minute to figure out that you're not spam. :) Take care, my dears...
13th August 2007

Bella
I remember meeting Bella when I was visiting the village. How luck you children are to have your goat come to school. Years ago in America that might have happened- may be Ofuso can tell you stories about growing up on the farm in North Dakota where such a thing might have happened. Love you all, Nana

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb