dealing with Excellencies and Honourables


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Greater Accra » Legon
August 21st 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Getting closer!
Eight days left until take off. The pass ports are in the hands of the Ghanaian Embassy and a semi stupid man who claims that the money submitted for postage from Denmark to Sweden was no where to be found. Yeah yeah yeah, I´ve herad it all before only that last time it was the pass ports of Teddy and Aron that had disappeared.
Her Excellency the Ghanaian Ambassador to Scandinavia and Finland is in Stockholm and Teddy met her at a dinner party last night. Let´s see if that helps or not.

Yafu Yafu, our tenant who refuses to move, is no where to be found so we can´t kick him out until we are physically in Accra. Luckily a child hood friend from Uppsala has come to our rescue (hopefully) and we might be able to crash at his brother´s place in East Legon for a couple of nights until we have changed the locks on the house.

Everything is under control, it´s just a Ghanaian everyday situation coming upon us a little earlier than planned. I should be getting ready for a Q&A with the Ghanaian Ambassador that has already started actually. It´s on the other side of Stockholm so now I am just focusing on making it to the after party since Teddy is still at work.
It is always great fun to check the pseudo politicians of the diaspora pretending to be big men such as Minister of Cleaning and calling eachother Honourable. I just learned that Teddy is the organiser for this whole event today. I had no idea and neither did he.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb