Holiday


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Greater Accra » Accra
April 11th 2008
Published: April 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I'm GorgeousI'm GorgeousI'm Gorgeous

This has been one of Comforts favorite sayings. I just couldn't pass up the bag when I spotted it in the market. It's covered with the words "I'm Gorgeous"
As I type this Kirk should be soaring somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean. He’s on his way to North Dakota for a three week visit with his family. His mother celebrates her birthday this month and we thought “he” would be a nice gift for her. It sounds like he’ll be welcomed by his folks and a good ole fashioned ND snowstorm! Complete with high winds and of course snow! The funny-not so funny- part about it is that he’s only wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Good thing our friend here in the capitol city of Ghana loaned him a sweatshirt to combat the A/C on the plane. Even with the sweatshirt he’ll be froze within minutes due to our thin African blood. Builds Character! 

While in Accra and making final preperations for Kirk's trip, Praise has been attending the American International School. He often attends classes at this school while in the city. He loves it! This time he’s taken his own teacher from Apebouso along with him. Yes, Hannah is also attending classes in order to observe, absorb and acquire some new teaching skills and techniques.

The Lord does have His perfect time for all things. While planning Kirk’s trip I was trying to find a way to lighten my school work load during the weeks he’ll be away. It “just so happens” that it is now the end of the second school term. In the Ghanaian School System the “end of a term” basically means three weeks off school! We ended classes one week early in order for Hannah to come along and observe classes here in Accra. The rest of Kirk’s trip time I will not be required to teach full days. I’m sure I’ll do some extra classes especially for those who are not catching on quite as quickly as the others. None-the-less this means a much lighter work schedule and more play time! Yippie!! On the months schedule are lawn mowing, (yea, I like it) a couple of different visitors and a request by the boys to make pizza. The cheese is in the fridge!

Praise, Hannah and I will head back to our area tomorrow morning. It’s about a 5-6 hour drive depending on the traffic. We hope to set out a bit early to beat the afternoon sun. But could easily be delayed by Auntie Laurie’s Saturday morning waffles which are ALWAYS Praises special request.

Have a blessed weekend.
Christine & Co




Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0895s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb