Return to Dilla


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia
January 31st 2007
Published: March 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

This was only the second time that I had been to Dilla - the first was when first leaving Addis to come to Robe - and it was much bigger than I remembered it, although, as it turned out, when we originally dropped Teresa and Lennie off, we didn’t go through the main part of the town. This time, we were there for a Higher Diploma Programme workshop and I travelled down with Getu, one of the Higher Diploma Tutors.

In the end, Getu and I stayed in Awasa overnight, rather than pushing on to Dilla. It also meant that we could get a lift in the morning with the HDP Leaders from Arba Minch, who did have a car.

The workshop was actually very good - much, much better than I thought it was going to be.

On Wednesday evening, Getu headed back to Awasa so that he could get the morning bus from Shashemene to Robe, which meant that I was able to stay with the others. Pizza has arrived in Dilla, so despite having had pizza in Awasa the night before, we had it for tea. By chance, Dereje and Sewitt, one of the Programme Managers from VSO were also in town and met us at the restaurant. Lennie had very kindly arranged to stay with a friend, so Clare and I slept at her house, while (Claire) Victoria stayed next door with Teresa. It was so nice seeing how homely Teresa had made her house, given the state it was in the last time I saw it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb