Nice respite, but no water


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia
November 27th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 12.6129, 37.4675

Strange place, we met up with Greg whom we met at Wim's House of Horrors and had a great evening. Visited the Castles dating from the late 16th century and it was nice and innocent. There was no real controls and we were free to wander around and photo what ever we wanted. Now I do not know if I have mentioned Ethiopians make great coffee and dam it is nice.. even better than the beer!!!

So with that in mind off to the cafe again.. Oh yes and the Ethiopians also have their own date & time system, today is 15th October 2003 and the time is 6:00, which means 6 hours after sun rise!!!! Well one can only imagine the confusion when we are told to collect something at 10:00 this could mean 10:00 in the morning or 4:00pm in the afternoon. Thus we are hoping that our laundry will be ready at 8:00am as apposed to 2:00pm..

At the place we are staying there is a group of 3 Dutch fellows… good for a laugh and full of surprises. Sitting down writing this blog the Dutchies appear at the entrance gate with a Goat/sheep thing… Well as
Edmon the goat/sheepEdmon the goat/sheepEdmon the goat/sheep

Some fellow travelers had bought Edmond in the market as a present for a local family who had been very nice to them. They had to go out so asked us to mind him. The courtyard of our lodge was not ideal for a sheep really but he was cute. Hopefully he has gone to a good home.
it turns out they were at the market and saw this thing tied up and decided they will buy it and give it to a poor family.. Nice one.. so in they march and as you could imagine the fun started.. then they asked if Lisa & I could baby sit the thing whilst they headed out to find a suitable family… Yeah no worries I said… the camp guard is not impressed he just wants to cut its throat so we will have our work cut out for us. Oh the thing has just started to eat the potted plants so I must go and fend off the dood with the knife.

Advertisement



8th December 2009

Hiya Lisa & Darren :-) Good to hear all is still (relatively) well with you . We are fine here but busy with the Xmas rush approaching . Auntie & Uncle are coming over to Upper Sturt for Xmas lunch . We wonder what you will be havin
g for Xmas lunch -mmmmm LOL !Mike & Averielxox
8th December 2009

Im guessing it wont be the goat.. ; )

Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb