Shattered Peace & Quiet


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Southern Nations Region » Arba Minch
November 17th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Crowded CampCrowded CampCrowded Camp

Go figure, all this area and they camp on top of us
Geo: 6.03939, 37.5905

Thankfully this is the first civilisation for nearly a week. We have camped in a hotel with a large camping area on the side which was very quiet, infact we are the only ones there. Yeah Yeah!!! This is a blessing as the constant crowds everytime we stop is getting a little draining. Picture this, the four of us freshly showered, fed and sitting around quietly in the evening watch another overland vehicle pulls into the camp. Germans jump out of the car and bail straight over to talk to us. Trouble is they did not have an 'off' button. Hmm so much for the peace and quiet. Things then turn from bad to worse when they go back to their car on the other side of the camp get in their car drive it over and park on top of us. God I nearly spewed. And then there was even more as two other vehicles, one with Italians and another with more Germans did the same thing. The Italian parked his car between Miles and Daves tent. We were all totally in shock as they stood around our camp chatting. This is obviously one of those travelling things as this is not how we do it in Australia. If there are any Europeans reading this please take note Australians have a large personal space as we are not used to crowds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb