Trip to the North - Day 3


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Amhara Region » Lalibela
January 19th 2011
Published: January 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yes, the 10 hour bus ride to Lalibela was enough to calm me down and digest the previous day.
After Alex tried to get into my hostel and called me several times the day after to apologize, I am apologizing now for the generalization that was offensive and disrespectful. I wrote my blog entry while I was still pissed off and it was the anger and disappointment that spoke.
But still, telling my stories to my friends they agreed that for a girl travelling alone and trying to make friends in Ethiopia is pretty tuff. I was always jealous, how Moritz could easily make friends and hang out with them without any problem, but neither Susi nor me found it smooth to get on well with guys here. You always have to consider that they might want more if you are nice, but if you put walls around you, you will never get close to the culture and everyday life...

Anyways, 7hours from Gondar the bus dropped us to Gashema, there one hour waiting for the other transportation to Lalibela (we counted 6 cars passing by in this 1 hour). The road between Gondar and Lalibela was stunning, pure beauty, as always 😊
On the road I met Pavel from Russia, and the very scouse Ralph and his guide Dennis. We spent the night with beer drinking and quality multi-cult conversation in this sacred city.

Igen, a 10 órás út Lalibeláig elég volt, hogy lehiggadjak és hogy megemésszem a történteket.
Miután Alex este be akart jönni a hostelembe és miután másnap 16szor hívott, hogy elnézést kérjen, most rajtam a sor, hogy elnézést kérjek a tiszteletlen és bántó véleményemért. A bejegyzésemet még túlságosan felhevülten írtam, túl nagy teret engedve a csalódottságomnak és felpaprikázott hangulatomnak.
Hazatérve Addisba a barátaimmal is megosztottam a tapasztalataimat és mindannyian egyetértettek, hogy lányként, egyedül utazgatni és barátokat találni nagyon nehéz Etiópiában. Moritzra mindig is irigy voltam amiért ő annyira könnyen tud srácokkal ismeretséget kötni, haverkodni, míg Susinak vagy nekem ez sokkal nehezebb. Tudatosan és tudat alatt is a fejemben van, hogy ha aranyos vagyok valakivel, akkor lehet, hogy félreérti, ha meg falakat építek magam köré, akkor meg kihagyom a lehetőséget, hogy jobban megismerjem a kultúrát és a mindennapi életet...

Mindenesetre az út Gondartől Lalibeláig ámulatba ejtő volt, mint mindig 😊 7órára Gondertől Gashemaban le kellett szállnunk, és 1 órát várnunk a következő járatig Lalibelába (a 60perc alatt 6 kocsit számoltunk meg az úton).
Egy orosz sráccal, Pavellel, a nagyon scous Ralphal és az idegenvezetőjével Denisszel ismerkedtünk meg a buszban. Az estét sörözéssel és multi-kulti kvaliti beszélgetéssel töltöttük a szent városban.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb