10 June: final day in Ethiopia


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Addis Ababa Region
June 10th 2014
Published: June 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

10 June: Ethiopia

Warning!! If you look at the photos for the post, please be aware there are skeletons.

Once we were checked into our hotel, we went to ask the desk about things to do. They recommended for dinner to go to this local restaurant for traditional food and they also had the traditional dancing. They said to go around 8pm so we had about three hours to kill. Since we were already hungry we decided to have a munchies at the hotel. They lead us to the top floor where they had an open room with balcony to see out over the city. It was a great view. When then ordered fresh juice of strawberries and some French fries. We sat around for a while and enjoyed the view until the came up with freshly cut French fries and fresh squeezed juice. Was amazing. When then relaxed in our room before heading to dinner. Once we arrived at the restaurant they had already started the dancing. We enjoyed the dinner but couldn't eat too much as it was the same pea flour bread with chicken and beef. By this time it was our seventh meal with this and not as great as the first few times. After the restaurant went back to have a good nights rest.

Our last day in Ethiopia we went exploring the city. We got a driver for four hours to take us to two museums and lunch. First stop was the national museum where we saw the skeleton of Lucy, the oldest Skelton founded thus far. Was neat to see. After this, we went to enjoy lunch at the Lucy restaurant where we ended up with some Indian food. I enjoyed my chicken bryoni to have a change from the local food. We then went to the red terror museum where we had a guide to take us around who had first hand experience in the tortures during the red terror time. Red terror is known as Ethiopia's time where the military over threw the government and then went killing many individuals and then torturing. Was a good museum to see.

After the museums we headed to the airport to head to Kenya.

A couple hours later we were in Kenya and headed for immigration. At first they didn't know what visa we were looking for as we were going for the east Arica visa to cover us for Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda. Took some time until they directed us to the last guy in the row to get the visa. It took a while as he has to write the information in about five places included the visa itself. Once through, we shorted out money and met our driver to take us to our hotel, the Wildebeest Eco camp.

The hotel wasn't too bad. We had a room for the two of us and so we settled in, took showers, and then did a few things of laundry to start the camping trip off with clean clothes (However, the clothes ended up not drying for a couple days hahah).


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 7; ; mem: 1.1mb