Nairobi to Masai Mara, Kenya


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Western Province
June 12th 2014
Published: June 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

12 June: Nairobi to Masai Mara, Kenya

In the morning we were off early to Masai Mara for our first safari. We stopped along the way to go to the shopping centre for lunch foods for the next couple.We also enjoyed some wifi time. I was excited because being a celiac, it is sometimes hard to find food, but here I was able to find some flaxseed bread. Samantha and I bought ham and cheese to but on the flaxseed bread for me and tortillas for her. Wasn't too bad. Also, there was time so Samantha and I sat and had a warm lunch at the shopping centre. I ordered some nice fajitas with outs the tortillas and Samantha a burrito.

Along the way we stopped to see the great Rift Valley and enjoyed a break from the truck.

After some more driving, we entered to park. Was neat because it is the great migration time of year and so the parks was filled with wildebeests. For our first day, we saw lots of wildebeests, zebras, a few elephants, giraffes, impala and topi, and Thomson gazelles and then at the end were caught four hyenas relaxing in a bush.

Our campsite was just outside the park where we could hear the zebras and hyenas at night. Our dinner was really good with pasta and then a meat sauce. They were very nice and made us


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb