B5 Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

What is the main religion in Egypt and how does it differ to Christianity?

http://www.youregypt.com/eguide/genguide/religion/



Egypt is a very religious country. The main religion is Islam. Muslims represent about 90%!o(MISSING)f the total population while other Christian religions form the other 10%!o(MISSING)f the population. Egypt has many mosques spread out throughout Egypt. A mosque is a place where Muslims go and worship. Cairo is the capitol of religion in Egypt. There is a religious month called Ramadan, where the Muslims fast from sun set to sun rise. The only thing that can pass their mouth is their saliva.

The Egyptians main religion is Islam. The majority of the population is Muslims. Both Christianity and Muslims religion have a month where they fast. The difference is that in the Christianity religion the way they fast is to give up something they love to eat and not eat it for the whole month. Also on every Friday the only meat option that can be eaten is seafood. The month usually lies either on April or March. On the other hand, The Muslim religion when they fast they do not eat from sun set to sun rise throughout the whole month. Also their month can land on different months not just April and March like the Christian religion.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb