Day 18


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
November 15th 2007
Published: December 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

For the first time, we all had the same idea as to where to go so we went as a group this time. Egypt was where we were and the Great Pyramids, the Sphinx, and the Valley of the Tombs was where we all planned to visit.
We rented a van and headed to the Valley of the Kings. Of course we didn't know what direction to head to, and so we asked a local. He told us that if we took him there that he would show us. We obviously said yes.
We arrived at the Valley of the Kings and took a small tour. I personally didn’t want to be in the sun too ling, so we just looked around for a little bit. We then went ot the Great Pyramids with the help by the guy who we picked up to help locate the pyramids. He wanted to join along so we couldn't resist and besides he helped us.
At the Great Pyramids, Jerry and Preston wanted to race up the pyramids, but a guard stopped them. We looked at the Sphinx, as well, taking a picture of us standing by it. FUNNY!!!
Lastly, we went to the market place in Cairo. It was there when we realized that our stuff was missing when we came back to the jeep. The person we would have suspected was the man who gave us directions, since he was still in the car acting as if he was sleeping so we left him alone. Junk thing thought, he had already left.
As we looked around, we found our stuff at a pawnshop. We begged with the manager to give our stuff back, but he said no. We had no other choice than to pay for them. NOT SO FUNNY!!!
We headed back to the airport and ended our day there fighting over the incident. I spent $500.00 that day.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb