Edfu, Luxor


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Luxor
April 4th 2007
Published: April 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



Untitled This morning we had to get up at 6am so that we could leave at 7am to go to the Temple at Edfu. We had some time to look around the temple and then we headed back to the boat. We got back around 8:30am and the boat set sail for Luxor. We ate breakfast and then most of us took naps. After my nap, I went up on deck and talked to some people (Latrise, Leah, Kate, Julia, and Holly) until lunch. We dipped our toes in the pool, but it was too cold to go in. While eating lunch, the boat passed through the locks at Esna. After lunch, I went back up on deck and talked to Marlene and Bea. Amy came up and joined us. Then, the two of us decided to get out of the sun and ended up talking until 4:30pm tea. At 6pm we left the boat and took horse and carriage rides to the Luxor Temple. I rode w/ Kyleah - we ended up having to tip our driver twice what Assem said we should. It was hard to take pictures of the Temple in the dark, but it was very pretty all lit up. We took a bus back to the boat. Some of us went to the little shops across from the boat to get drinks and snacks - I got a 1.5L Coke and a Twinkie for 8 pounds (a can of Coke on the boat cost 10 pounds). We got back around 8pm and ate dinner. Kate and I were tired, so we went to our room not too long after dinner so that we could shower and pack up our stuff since we're getting off the boat tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb