Abu Simbel, Kom Ombo


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Abu Simbel
April 3rd 2007
Published: April 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



Untitled Today we had to get up at 6:30am if we were doing to optional trip to Abu Simbel. We left the boat at 7:30am to drive to the airport and catch our flight. The flight was about an hour. Once we landed, it was a short drive to the temples. We saw the temples of Rameses II and his wife Nefertari. After some time wandering around the temples and a short break at the cafe, we headed back to airport for our return flight and then back to the boat. We got back to the boat about an hour later than expected (~2pm) and the boat set sail immediately for Kom Ombo. We had lunch and then several of us sat around on the deck talking. Tea was served at 4pm and we had to be in the lobby at 5pm to go to the Temple at Kom Ombo. We looked around the temple - it was pretty crowded - for a while. There were two mummified crocodiles - that was something different. On the way back to the boat I stopped by the little market and bought a pink galabiyya to wear to the party later tonight. Our galabiyya dinner was at 7:30pm. After dinner at 9pm, we went down to the disco and there was music, dancing, and some interesting games. We stayed up for awhile dancing and trying to get them to play Donald's hip-hop cd (they only played about half a song). My galabiyya made me very hot so I didn't stay and dance too long. It was nice to sleep with the boat moving (on the way to Edfu) for once - we're usually docked at night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb