Egypt day 10: Luxor - Ramesseum


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Luxor
January 26th 2022
Published: August 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast we went back across the Nile by boat again to the Valley of the Kings area.

This time our focus was the Ramesseum, the massive memorial temple of Ramses II, the Pharaoh of the Exodus. We saw the massive inscription of his 80 year reign, full of references that bring alive the story of the Exodus and the building of the Mishkan. The temple is surrounded by mudbrick storehouses that date from the period of the Exodus.

At this site we entered several tombs. Migo and Rabbi Berman pointed out many relevant hieroglyphs and coloured images. Their explanations helped us understand how the Egyptian kings told their story through artwork. In particular they highlighted elements which could relate to biblical references.

.

On the bus we all had PCR tests for Covid, required before flying the next day. The bus stopped at the Imhotep Alabaster Luxor, a potter workshop and souvenir shop. We just rested on the bus while some of the group went inside. Then back to the dock and onto the boats for our last Nile ride to the hotel.

Dinner was our final group meal. We had our last chance to discuss with our fellow travellers what we had experienced.

After dinner was the end of tour entertainment. We made presentations to our tour guides and various members of the tour sang songs, recited poems that they had written and we had a very good end of tour get together. Most importantly we received our PCR test results. All of the group tested negative, so nobody was going to be left behind to nibble on lettuce leaves. (After flying back to Israel the next day, a majority of the group tested positive at Ben Gurion airport.)

Then to the rooms to pack to put the bags out by 6.30am as we were off to the airport early to catch our flight home.

.

SCROLL DOWN to see more pictures …

.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Mud-Brick storage at RamesseumMud-Brick storage at Ramesseum
Mud-Brick storage at Ramesseum

(photo by other group member)


Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb