Keep calm and Walk like an Egyptian!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Middle Egypt » Asyut
March 23rd 2015
Published: January 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We landed in Egypt at 7:05 pm which means we have the whole night to explore all the glorious things of the country. We decided not to get a hotel for this stay, We would just do as much as we can then go back to the hotel. Neither did we have to rent a cab because Evelyn’s sister moved to Egypt about two years ago and lived about 7 minutes away from the airport so she was able to pick us up and let us drop our bags off at her house. Cairo at night was the most beautiful thing that we probably seen all night. The gang and I signed up for a scavenger hunt all over downtown Chicago. We had to find the following: 3 tiny pyramids, a name of the largest river in Egypt, a statue of the female and male king of Egypt, the break dancing Egyptian, and treasure. We had to go against 3 other teams, Our team color was gold. As soon as we heard the horn, We dashed to find the first object. Mind you, all of this had to be in order. We quickly found the 3 tiny pyramids, almost missed it but evana’s eyes spotted them. We quickly found the largest river, Nile was something we knew off the back. He couldn't find the female king statue, the male was easy to spot. We were losing time but then out of no where, It just appeared. Apparently, we were looking too closely. What directed us towards the break dancer was the blasting music coming from a certain direction, we just let our ears guide us. Finally, we found the traditional( to indicate originality within a culture or long term part of an indigenous society) treasure. Once we realized that we had everything, We dashed towards the finish line and came in first place for the scavenger hunt! We started to do some pyramid sightseeing where we just only looked at and for pyramids. When we saw the pyramids, It had a certain type of pattern(the design of a spatial distribution) that amazed us all. It was around 3 am in the morning and the country was still up to par and live as if it was 3 in the afternoon. We decided to go on a boat ride till It was time for us to go back to the airport. The location( the first theme of geography; the geographical situation of people and things) of the boat was weird. It was along the pier but then again, it was really distance. It didn't matter though, We still had a great view of the entire country. When the boat ride ended, We called Evelyn’s sister and she drove us back to the airport and we crashed there till about 10 am. We had a wonderful time with Egypt engraved in our hearts.We were done with Egypt and off to Indonesia!




































































































































Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb