Day 2-Cairo


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
October 1st 2009
Published: October 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Up early (8am) to sort out booking for some tours and secure the room for another couple of nights, gonna stay in the city for a little while, then go to Aswan and Luxor in the south. Got bored hanging about in the hostel so walked over the river Nile and Egyptian Museum, taking my life into my own hands every time I cross the road. The museum is massive and badly organised, kinda like a warehouse, but well worth it. The heat got up to 38 degrees c at noon, so back to the hostel for siesta. starting to understand why people say Egypt is a machine oiled on money, everyone wants to take it from you. Went out this evening to the arabic sukes with some newly acquired friends, sarcastic german, Philipe and overly enthusiastic swede Christianoff. Cup of ice tea and kebabs. First time I've ever had a halal takeaway, anyway. Felt a littl homesick (or possibly heartburn) as I finally realised that I'm in this for the long run. Home may be easiest, but the road always leads away. Early to bed for a trip to Giza tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb