Last Day in Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
May 3rd 2009
Published: May 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

The BazaarThe BazaarThe Bazaar

Look at all the people
Hello,

It's Tran here this time with an update.

Yesterday our habibi (good friend) Magdi came all the way (out of the way) from his home to pick us up from the hotel to go to the Khan El Khalili Bazaar. Wow. What a busy place. We are so glad we went with someone who was local so he could bargain for us. We wish we could buy the whole market but we had limited space in our suitcases. The Bazaar is huge. Lots of vendors pretty much selling the same stuff. If you keep walking, no one will bother you but if you take a quick glance at one of the stands, they will not leave you alone. We didn't even get to see all of it. After that, Magdi took us to eat Egyptian food again for dinner. I'm not sure what it's called but it was delicious. It was some sort of pasta, something that looked like meat but wasn't, fried onions, seasoned tomato sauce, and their specialty vinegar.

We went back to the hotel to pack to go to the Fairmont and called it a night.

We checked out of the Marriott Cairo today and checked into the Fairmont Heliopolis and Towers. Wow what a big difference. The Marriott staff wasn't as friendly as the Fairmont staff. We obviously had to pay for the room at the Marriott (PLUS internet would've been about 40.00 USD a day) PLUS it's not free local calls. The Fairmont - would've been a free room - the perks of being a travel agent, free internet and free local calls. The Fairmont is the nicest hotel we've ever been to - and we've been to a lot of hotels. It's pretty new, only 15 months old. The rooms are huge, there's so much space here, you can do cartwheels and sommersaults. The washroom has a separate tub, separate shower area, separate toilet/bedet area. Adam used it as soon as we got here and said the water stream lines up perfectly with your bum.

After that, we went to the airport to look for some important documents I forgot on the plane. We tried to look for Lost and Found and no one knew what that was. We were literally there for almost 3 hours waiting for buses between the terminals and in the end, their operating hours
Us inside the BazaarUs inside the BazaarUs inside the Bazaar

Less people here as not many vendors. I think this is a new part of the Bazaar that just opened
for the Air France office was 11pm to 11am. What the heck? We'll have to come back tonight to try to find them when we fly to Greece.

After that we went to the City Stars mall. It's bigger than that huge mall we went to in Paris. It has 7 floors and each floor is about 2 to 3 times the size of St. Laurent. It's very upscale and expensive. I couldn't buy anything anyway, my suitcase is packed. Although I did look for a bigger suitcase but they were equivalent to about 500.00$ CAD for 1 suitcase so I thought I'd pass on this.

Well we've got more packing to do as our flight leaves at 4:30am later. We moved to the Fairmont because it's close to the airport and it would be convenient for us to leave here at 2:30am.

Til next time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Mmmm Egyptian dishMmmm Egyptian dish
Mmmm Egyptian dish

This was sooooooooooooooo good
City StarsCity Stars
City Stars

Is this large or what?


4th May 2009

Bedet?
I'm surprised Adam knew how to use a bedet!?

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.05s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb