Pyramids and pool


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
May 9th 2008
Published: May 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A very early start saw us on our way to Egypt. A long travel day from Delhi, via Amman, and then on to Cairo. The traffic seemed less hectic than India, however on the way from the airport ,we saw a major car bingle and then our taxi swiped a bus. Nonetheless we arrived safe and sound.The weather seemed alot cooler, although it was still 30 to mid 30s. Refreshing after the Indian heat!

Our days in Cairo were interspersed with rest, pool and sightseeing. The main highlight was undoubtedly The Pyramids of Giza. We had a camel ride around the pyramids, with time off the camels to walk around the area. For a small fee we also climbed a few layers up a small pyramid. Everything has a small fee attached in Egypt. The pyramids were very impressive, hard to imagine them being built all those years ago. The camel ride was great, until they started sprinting. It was hard to keep in rhythmn, and my sore butt was testiment to the fact for a few days after!!

We also had an interesting tour of the Egyptian Museum, the stuff in there is amazing. The treasures from the
camel ridecamel ridecamel ride

sore butt!!
tomb of Tutankhamun were very impressive. It would take days to see everything in the museum.

A visit and some interesting bartering at the Khan El Khali Bazaar was next and lots of fun. A late afternoon Faluka ride on the Nile was very relaxing and appeared miles away from the hustle and bustle of Cairo.

A few rest days were also had. Sitting around the pool reading and occasionally swimming was just what the doctor ordered!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Faluka rideFaluka ride
Faluka ride

Sayed up the mast
Zoser HotelZoser Hotel
Zoser Hotel

Refreshing Pool


Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb