West Africa


Advertisement
Cameroon's flag
Africa » Cameroon
March 4th 2013
Published: March 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A striking result of the poverty along the West African coast is the lack of medical care, one in ten children do not survive. The fact is that most live on less than two dollars a day and still cling to traditional beliefs. An ailment that is specific to the region is a tumor caused by a bone growth in the facial region. While in a developed country a dentist would have removed it before it turned into anything, in West Africa nothing is done as it disfigures people everyday. The people in the region believe that is is a curse making those afflicted outcats. They cannot go out in the day and have to forage at night for food. The problem that keeps this place so poor is the fact that there is nothing, no government, education, or decent health care. Technology hasnt changed as food is still millet ground by hand and fish that is cought by boats launched from the beach. In order to solve any of these problems the country will need to start a stronger economy and get away from their ignorant traditional beliefs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb