Walking is just a game


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Okavango Delta
October 2nd 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Howdy!
Our journey began the next morning from the campsite with a 1.5 hour drive to the water's edge of the Okavango Delta. We went through tiny towns with huts that looked like bus stops for phone shops and hair dressers. Everyone waves.....which I love!
Mokoro boats with our rowers were waiting at the water's edge for us. I was such a relaxing and amazing experience! We just lay back in our Mokoro and were 'poled' through the reeds, occasionally stopping to watch an elephant in the distance. The water had big fat water lillies in. Some of the reeds had huge spiders hanging from them. We had a few near misses! A couple of boats capsized and ruin people's cameras which was a shame. The journey in the boats look a couple of hours, with a food stop. It was a nice chance to sunbathe, chillout and get some sleep! We pulled up on a bank which had a line of trees along it. Behind the trees are the Delta planes. As we were setting up our tents along the bank 4 adult elephants came out through the trees. Was a tad scary! But so exciting - wild elephants with nothing between us and them. We then went for a bush walk on the planes. We saw zebra, impala and a jackal. We also found a wilderbeast skull complete with its enormous horns. It took 2 of us to lift it! We saw a fantastic African sunset and dinner round the campfire. The locals caught and boiled catfish for their tea - but we had spaghetti!
Adios!
Bex

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb