2 Days in Chobe National Park


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Chobe National Park
August 1st 2012
Published: August 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We left the Okovango on an 8 seater plane bound for Kasane, and then onto Chobe national park and the Chobe Safari Lodge on the 27th July. Flight was great with amazing views.

When we got to Chobe Safari Lodge we were greeted by some very grumpy receptionists and we thought that this was just a one of thing, but we were wrong. We then went to the activities centre to organise our trips and they were even less interested in us!!! You cant complain about the service at Chobe Safari lodge because there isnt any!!!! The place is clean and tidy and the food is very good, but the service with a smile is non existent for most people we came into contact with.

Our room was one of the little chalet type things that must have been built in the 1960's and not much has been done to change that appearance. Even though we had views of the river I would never stay in one of these again. The rooms are very dark as all the spotlights shine on the roof, not sure what that about lol.

Our room wasnt ready when we arrived, so we decided to have food and a drink by the pool, big mistake, We had a cup of tea anf of course had milk and suger. Well withinh 5 mins the baoons had come and stolen the packets of sugar and then one jumped on the table and procedded to tip the jug of milk over and rink that. Deb was trying to grab the camera of the table and one of the baboons stared her down lol. Welcome to Africa lol!!!! Thankfully we never came across them again, but apparently they do like to steal your food at breakfast although we never saw them there while we were staying.

Went for first game drive the next morning, very cold. We were with some Aussies so that was good for a change. Saw lots of animals, especially giraffes adn impalas. They call Impalas the McDonalds of Africa as they have what looks like a black arch on their butts and also they are fast food for lions lol.

The trucks you go on are really cool and have great suspension, but if you are in the back sometimes you feel like you are going to bounce out. We got to see our first lions, they just casually walked past the truck we were in, really amazing.

Have to go and catch plane back to Joburg.

Cant wait to be home on Sunday

Advertisement



1st August 2012

Great
Well it seems that you are having a ball, and I bet the animals (cats) cant wait to see their mummy's.............. Still shit weather here so make the most of what you are having though knowing your luck it will come back with you........ Be careful with all that wild life (and i mean the animal type) hehehehe and will see you when you get home to have a look a photos.......
1st August 2012

Safari
Sounds like you had a great time. Looking forward to the photos!!
1st August 2012

dont forget my fridge magnets hope you are having :)
How's the animals :)

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb