Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Photos from Pernambuco
Blogs from Pernambuco
Latest Blogs from Pernambuco
- February 26th 2014 Recife & Olinda
by Words: 1219 Photos: 25
- July 15th 2013 Fernando de Noronha...paradise found!
by Words: 1571 Photos: 100
- July 9th 2013 Rainy Recife and beautiful Olinda...
by Words: 564 Photos: 23
- March 11th 2013 Kaputt aber glücklich
by Words: 1009 Photos: 18
- January 22nd 2013 Beaches, boobies and bootãy.
by Words: 833 Photos: 10
- October 25th 2012 Ó! Linda!
by Words: 955 Photos: 45
- October 17th 2012 Soll es das gewesen sein?
by Words: 727 Photos: 14
- October 15th 2012 Delfinen winken und mit Schildkröten schwimmen
by Words: 655 Photos: 20
- October 14th 2012 Discovery Channel Live
by Words: 764 Photos: 15
- September 23rd 2012 Musik an jeder Ecke
by Words: 407 Photos: 2
- September 21st 2012 Brasiliens wahres Gesicht
by Words: 853 Photos: 8
- June 20th 2012 Day 11 – The Quitters Call it a Trip
by Words: 825 Photos: 7
- May 14th 2012 Easter Weekend in Recife
by Words: 194 Photos: 3
- March 2nd 2012 Olinda et Recife - 2 au 5 mars 2012
by Words: 576 Photos: 23
- February 29th 2012 Ó-linda que nada, eu quero praia e sol num novo horizonte!
by Words: 7 Photos: 8
- September 24th 2011 Olinda
by Words: 32 Photos: 105
- May 23rd 2011 Colourful Colonial Cities
by Words: 1238 Photos: 27
- July 30th 2010 Last day in Feira Nova
by Words: 905 Photos: 11
- July 28th 2010 Photos
by Words: 35 Photos: 5
- July 26th 2010 Habitat for Humanity Brazil: Team Thrivent
by Words: 1010 Photos: 0