Background: Following independence from Spain in 1816, Argentina experienced periods of internal political conflict between conservatives and liberals and between civilian and military factions. After World War II, a long period of Peronist authoritarian rule and interference in subsequent governments was followed by a military junta that took power in 1976. Democracy returned in 1983, and numerous elections since then have underscored Argentina's progress in democratic consolidation.
Photos from Resistencia
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Resistencia
Latest Blogs from Resistencia
- July 26th 2011 tupiza and on
by Words: 1262 Photos: 158
- July 5th 2010 Exit Left Argentina -- la coupe del monde and the magnificent Igazu Falls
by Words: 413 Photos: 52
- March 6th 2010 Resistencia
by Words: 566 Photos: 10
- January 3rd 2010 Resistencia
by Words: 104 Photos: 1
- October 6th 2009 Resistencia
by Words: 1051 Photos: 4
- June 7th 2009 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
by Words: 1170 Photos: 0
- January 17th 2009 Resistencia
by Words: 24 Photos: 25
- July 26th 2008 IGUAZU TO SALTA: Over the Impenetrable Chaco via Resistencia
by Words: 380 Photos: 14
- July 19th 2008 Lørdag den 19 juli: Resistensia
by Words: 131 Photos: 0
- March 10th 2008 Long complicated day of travel
by Words: 256 Photos: 0
- October 26th 2007 Ack!
by Words: 218 Photos: 2
- September 9th 2007 Nos derniers moments en Argentine...
by Words: 849 Photos: 7
- December 1st 2006 Still in the land of Steak!
by Words: 326 Photos: 0
- May 1st 2006 I've Got A Sculpture of My Own A-Brewin'
by Words: 231 Photos: 3