no se


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
January 25th 2005
Published: July 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

que... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 302, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

written with coffee beanswritten with coffee beans
written with coffee beans

they grow lots of coffee here, but of course they export all of it, making it difficult to find a good cup of coffee, but this place has it.
san pedro pueblosan pedro pueblo
san pedro pueblo

these two men are actually carrying a huge load on their backs, they use a strap that goes along the forehead. it is amazing, the weight they carry...young and old.
two women....two women....
two women....

this is an example of the traditional mayan dress.
my streetmy street
my street

this is the street that i have been living on for the past few weeks in hotel san francisco.
man, i forgot her nameman, i forgot her name
man, i forgot her name

met her and her brother on my street, we played a game and after they asked if i had a camera, they wanted me to take photos of them...and then of course they wanted 1 quetzal.
birdbird
bird

so this kid is actually shooting me the finger.
laundrylaundry
laundry

lots of the local people do their laundry in lake and take baths.
schoolschool
school

my board, and a drawing done by my teacher.
god is lovegod is love
god is love

all over san pedro there are these paintings, they´re awesome. it is a weird town...lots of converted mayan evangelicals, lots of drugs, and a few practicing the traditional mayan beliefs.
look to godlook to god
look to god

this time some kids jumped in, they didn´t understand why i was taking a picture of the wall...
anotheranother
another

god loves you
jesus is the only hope for youjesus is the only hope for you
jesus is the only hope for you

i really like this one
look, god loves youlook, god loves you
look, god loves you

so i will stop with this one, i have so many...
!buenos dias!!buenos dias!
!buenos dias!

everytime you pass this window he yells ¨buenos dias¨, he is my second favorite person in this pueblo.
mi libro, la massacremi libro, la massacre
mi libro, la massacre

this is a page out of the book that i read about the war in guatemala the last two decades. whole villages murdered, women raped, tortured, kids thrown up in the air and shot, babies in utero ripped out of the stomach of their mother...this whole area(the highlands)has suffered so much. and this was a book for young kids...
headless figureheadless figure
headless figure

my teacher, nathanael chabahay, brought some mayan artifacts to class one day, his father found them in the surrounding area throughout his life. they are possibly thousands of years old...and i got to touch them, not just look at them through a glass case.
my teacher, nathanaelmy teacher, nathanael
my teacher, nathanael

he was so nice and super smart, he also taught math at the local school, his father kept a journal of all the happenings here in san pedro his whole life, the first car, prices of coffee or corn, marriages, visitors, etc. it is fascinating.



20th May 2005

I miss you so much! I love to be able to travel, through your pics. Thank you for being such a beautiful and interesting friend! Come home you travelin' gal.

Tot: 0.393s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 4; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb