Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Ko Chang
Blogs from Ko Chang
Latest Blogs from Ko Chang
- November 13th 2012 Post-apocalyptic beach zombies. Welcome to "paradise."
by Words: 1470 Photos: 10
- October 24th 2012 Over too soon!
by Words: 493 Photos: 8
- October 22nd 2012 Walking, grooming and feeding
by Words: 1004 Photos: 13
- April 3rd 2012 Ko Chang Continued
by Words: 327 Photos: 10
- March 27th 2012 Ko Chang - The Elephant Island
by Words: 352 Photos: 8
- February 5th 2012 Goede tijden, slechte tijden...
by Words: 873 Photos: 0
- February 4th 2012 Beach Babes!
by Words: 1456 Photos: 11
- October 3rd 2011 Koh Chang – A perfect break on a paradise island at the white sands beach resort.
by Words: 755 Photos: 27
- August 20th 2011 Beaches and Sunsets and Creatures of the Night
by Words: 309 Photos: 12
- July 30th 2011 Ko Chang Jungle Trek
by Words: 2067 Photos: 7
- July 28th 2011 Sun, sea and sand
by Words: 1446 Photos: 0
- July 27th 2011 Quick hello
by Words: 660 Photos: 0
- July 27th 2011 4 Islands
by Words: 934 Photos: 8
- July 25th 2011 My first and last backie
by Words: 1354 Photos: 2
- July 24th 2011 People and paradise at Lonely Beach
by Words: 664 Photos: 2
- July 23rd 2011 The Tree House Opportunity
by Words: 1454 Photos: 2
- July 22nd 2011 Mission 1 Complete - Arrived at Ko Chang
by Words: 709 Photos: 0
- May 11th 2011 End of the road - Koh Chang
by Words: 245 Photos: 12
- March 11th 2011 Ismet KohChangon logtam
by Words: 49 Photos: 43
- February 2nd 2011 Thailand
by Words: 1581 Photos: 0