Ko Chang Continued


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
April 3rd 2012
Published: June 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a pretty full on week since arriving on the island, we decided the second week would be all about swimming, lazing on the sand, reading and just basically watching the days go by. Our days were spent with leisurely breakfasts, sun all day and then dinner from one of many restaurants on the sand or from a street side vendor.

You don’t always feel like going out to eat every night, so on a Friday night we noticed a decent Matt Damon movie on TV, so it was takeaway pizza and soft drink on our bed and it was sensational.

This also gave us the chance to see our first Cabaret show, which was performed at our hotels beach side restaurant. The show was made of 5 or 6 Lady Boys who put on quite a show for the audience till a storm came over to cut the performance short.

Our original plan was to celebrate Songkran on the Island, but after much discussion we decided we would have that in Bangkok before moving North. With this decision it was necessary to do a visa run into Cambodia to get an extra 15 days in Thailand, and what an experience this was. Even after reading up on the common scams to watch out for we still think we came out paying twice as much as we needed to.

After 2 weeks on the Island it was time to pack up and head back to Bangkok and prepare ourselves for the Thai New Year. The island is a great place to relax and explore - one of the coolest things we experienced was at the southern tip, we were headed along one of the resorts boardwalks which opened up into a sitting area for sunset, as we approached we began to notice all the monkeys everywhere and they had completely taken over the area - some great photos but needless to say we didn't get our sunset from here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Off the beaten trackOff the beaten track
Off the beaten track

Funky old bridge we came across
Fire ShowFire Show
Fire Show

The local boys doing there thing
Cabaret ShowCabaret Show
Cabaret Show

Very eye opening experience, they really have no shame
Fry BananaFry Banana
Fry Banana

A treat that was enjoyed far too often
Fish SpaFish Spa
Fish Spa

Not for the tickle minded
Fish SpaFish Spa
Fish Spa

Not for the tickle minded
Hair PinHair Pin
Hair Pin

Good shot from Bree on the back of the scooter


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb