Hm... Hahaha


Advertisement
South America
August 1st 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

You know you are in SA when:



- You get a highly offended look when trying to pay a 16 bob note with a 50 note. Why does nobody ever want to give change? Lesson number one: Don't ever try to get change. (And I would like to know how the Bolivianos ever get change if everyone refuses to give them it to you... is it witchcraft?)

- When you thought that you had accidentally entered a disco but realized that it was the supermarket's DJ talking into the microphone...

Ok, you know you really had the true SA experience when you have taken the bus and:
- have had to put up with a yelling salesman, selling some strange thing like last year's calendar, for hours and hours (the bus trips are long...) advertising in the aisle. Alternatively had to put up with local music at the highest volume possible for eight hours in a row (alternating between the two most popular songs at the moment)
- have had to put your mochilla on the roof of a bus that doesn't look like it is going to make it for more than 10 km and hoping for several hours, while bumping on dirt roads, that is not going to fall off. And then to your surprise arrive safely to your final destionation, with your backback.
- you have been told to board the bus quickly because it is leaving any minute, yet having to wait for 45 minutes before the driver even turns on the engine.
- When you have been mistakenly fooled that the bus you are going to take contains a toilet (it stops every four hours and you can pee in the nature), ample leg room (if you measure 1m35), air conditioning (if you open the windows and ignore the dust) and direct service (if you don't count the stops).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb