On the road again (soon)


Advertisement
South America
June 19th 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi!

Sorry it´s been so long... there is an older entry that is saved and waiting to be published, hopefully I can get that figured out. This site has been a little weird lately... I just wanted to let everyone know what we´ve been up to, and that we´re okay!

We have been at the orphanage all week, and are still there today. We were slated to leave for La Paz and begin our journey back to Lima today, but we´re pushing it back to tomorrow so that Ben could take his turn at a little traveling sickness -- nothing major. We´ve been taking it easy today to prepare for the big trip back north. We will go by way of La Paz, and that´s about all we know for sure now. We will be going by way of Puerto Maldonado, Peru, which is in the jungle! We´re excited to see some warmer temperatures and new land forms. Here it is very dry and sandy.

It will be a bit sad to leave all the kids and other people we´ve met, along with our home for the past week. But truthfully, they don´t need us. We know that they are happy to have volunteers for help and relief, but they have a very good system in place that runs smoothly without our extensive child rearing expertise. It´s been a great experience that we valued much and will take a lot away from, though.

That´s all for now! It could be awhile until the next entry, with all the travel that is slated in the coming days. We will be back in Lima at the Double Tree hotel with free internet next Friday, but that´s our only rock solid plans for now. We´ll try to keep everyone updated!

Love, Ben and Mariel

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb