Day one: Lima


Advertisement
South America
July 16th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

what an eventful start to the trip, well for some more then others.
After given the the time to explore the area around the hostel, we began the hunt for food stopping in a small supermarket cafe.
Half decided after the excitement built up by Katie that they were going to watch the last Harry Potter, Yes Harry Potter!
The five of us left, headed for the beach, accept it wasn´t really a beach just a view of the beach from a height. it was pretty impressive landscape. Steve Managed to scare us all with a rather fetching balaclava, certainily was an improvement, whilst Wrighty got in touch with his femanine side with a rather pretty wolly hat. It was then decided that we would head into downtown Lima all squeezing into one taxi.
We stood out from the crowd thats for sure. The trip home was just as thrilling. Never before have our lives flashed before us some many times in the space of 2hrs. Head on with other cars, several near misses, cutting all the queues and yet some how, something that took 30mins to get to took 1hr 45 to get back from but it cost all of 3pounds and we survived which is always a bonus.
Dinner was Chicken, much to everyones excitement.
All very tired we headed up to bed for our 6am start.


Today heading to Iquitos anticipating what the plane will look like and whether it will be pedal powered or made of jaffa cakes.
The Jungle awaits!

Advertisement



26th July 2011

Crazy People!
Hi! The title refers to you lot, not the locals! You really shouldn't be sacring everyone with those sorts of car journeys or we wont be allowed to go again! Glad you're all having a laugh and a giggle though, sounds like fantastic fun is being had by all! Took you ages to update, any danger of a photo or two!?

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb