Machu Pichu and Cuzco


Advertisement
South America
October 19th 2009
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Matt and I arrived in Cusco, which is the Incan capital of Peru. We spent some time walking around Cusco exploring all of the remaining Incan structures and walkways. We decided to hike to Machu Pichu via the Incan Jungle trail; the hike was three days and two nights. Unfortunalty we picked a bad tour group and did not have the best experience hiking but we had a good laugh when we reached Aguas Caliente(base camp for Machu Pichu .) On the upside we got to visit some amazing hot springs along the trail in Santa Theresa. Machu Pichu was incredible!! We decided to take the 5am bus up to top of the mountain where Machu Pichu sits to beat the crowd. As we were walking up to the ruins the clouds were just burning off the giant green mountains that surrounded the ruins. Matt and I spent most of the day wandering through the ruins and taking it all in. Machu Pichu has to be one of the most incredible things that we have experienced on the trip so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

KoricanchaKoricancha
Koricancha

The Spanish built a church over the largest of the Incan temples. The church is half Incan structure half Spanish.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb