INCA TRAIL


Advertisement
South America
August 24th 2009
Published: August 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: INCA TRAIL 58 secs
INCA TRAILINCA TRAILINCA TRAIL

Inca Trail specialist: Welcome to Chakana Adventure Travel Official Web Site...!!! Inca Trail specialist Chakana Adventure Travel is a specialists tour operator and travel agency offering challenging small-group treks and tours, throughout Peru, as well as individually created tailor made itineraries, we aim to discover the spectacular wilderness areas, fascinating native cultures and diverse wildlife of this spellbinding country.

CLASSIC INCA TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 4D/3N



CUSCO is Peru’s main tourist destination and one of the most important destinations in the Americas. Known because of the Incas as the “home of the gods”, Cusco became the capital of the largest pre Columbian empires: the Tahuantinsuyo meaning in Quechua for “The Four Regions”. This magnificent Empire is famous for its Inca trails system known as Kapacñan, which connects the capital Cusco with the far places in the empire. Actually is one of the most important attractions in Cusco and one of its paths the famous Inca Trail.

1st DAY: CUSCO - KM 82 - HUAYLLABAMBA

At around 07:30am. our guide will pick you up from your hotel to take you in our transportation to the 82Km. where we will arrive approximately at 10:30 am. In this place we’ll meet the support team that will travel along with us (porters and cooks). Today the trek will be quite easy, with a beautiful view of the snow-capped peak Veronica during the first kilometres, and along the shores of the Vilcanota River until we arrive to the archaeological site of Patallacta.

There we will have lunch to
INCA TRAILINCA TRAILINCA TRAIL

Inca Trail specialist: Welcome to Chakana Adventure Travel Official Web Site...!!!
restore strength and then continue to Huayllabamba, to our first campsite.


2nd DAY: HUAYLLABAMBA - PACAYMAYO


The second day of trekking begins right after a succulent breakfast.

This will be a hard day since we’ll have to climb up to 4200 masl, to Warmihuañusca Pass, where we will have a panoramic view of the mountain range to enjoy. After lunch begins our descent to the Pacaymayu Valley, and towards our second campsite.


3rd DAY: PACAYMAYO - WIÑAYHUAYNA



Early in the morning, after breakfast and after a 30 minute trek, we will arrive to the archaeological site of Runcuracay.

The original Inca Trail begins at this point, a 2 meters wide, well preserved stone-paved road, where the high quality of the Inca architecture can be observed. We will visit the beautiful complex of Sayacmarka; after passing through a natural stone tunnel, we will arrive to the archaeological site of Phuyupatamarka. Our descent begins along a very interesting road surrounded by dense vegetation, very rich in flora and fauna. After 2 hours trekking we’ll arrive at Wiñayhuayna, our third campsite.

4th DAY: WIÑAYHUAYNA - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO

We’ll start hiking very early in the morning until we arrive to the Intipunku, (Sun Gate), to a remarkable viewing point of the Inca city under the first sunlights

From there we will descend Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, to have a very detailed explanation from our guide about this important Inca complex. Later we will descend to the Aguas Calientes village to board the train that will take us back to Cusco city.


Our Services include:

* Pick up all participants from different hotels, then transfer by bus to 82Km. (start of the trail).
* Entrance Fee, Inca Trail and Machupicchu city.
* Large tents, each for 2 persons occupancy.
* Mattresses, one per person.
* Kitchen tent.
* Dining tent.
* Tables and chairs.
* Toilet tent (This is used in case the campsite does not have toilets).
* English speaking professional tour guide (over 8 members, 2 guides).
*
Expert cook.
* Porters (only to carry tents, food supplies and kitchen equipment)
* Train Ticket (Backpacker train from Aguas Calientes village to Cusco).
* Full meals during the trek.
* Daily snack bag.
* Daily afternoon tea service.
* Daily wake up call tea, and warm water for washing.
* Daily morning boiled and cold water to refill water bottles.
* Emergency oxygen bottle and first aid kit.
* Transfer train station / hotel

Our services does not include:

* Breakfast the first morning (you can order an early breakfast at your hotel)
* Lunch and Dinner the last day (on your own).
* Hot springs pools visit (on your own).
* Bus Ticket from Machu Picchu Inca city to Aguas Calientes village.
* Tips for the crew (guides, cooks and porters).

Bring with you:

* Water
* Mosquito Repellent
* Sun block and sunglasses
* Trekking boots
* Hat or cap
* Towel
* Toilet paper
* Rain poncho
* Warm but light Clothes

http://www.chakanatourperu.com

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb