So much to tell, so little time...


Advertisement
South America
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola amigos, it´s 6.57am here in Guayaquil so nearly 1pm in Scotland... hope you´re all having a good day!

I really am sorry for keeping you in the dark for the last few days - we´ve been so busy and it´s been hard to find the time to update the blog. But here´s a quick review of the last 5 crazy days...!

Friday was our first experience of taking a PEPE class - this started at 8am and finished at 11am and we were left completely in charge of 2 classes of about 20 kids aged 2-4years. We split ourselves into 2 groups - Wendy, Miguel and Lidia went with Vicki Butchers to the PEPE at Los Vergeles while Lorna, Olive and Ricardo went to El Recreo with Peter. Both groups found some difficulties but were constantly aware of God´s guidance. We sang Christian kids songs in Spanish, played games, used puppets to tell stories about children in the Bible and finished with a few craft activities. We are all looking forward to taking the PEPE classes again next Friday as we enjoyed working with the kids and feel that we have learned from the experience first time round and can do better in some areas! Please pray for us this Friday, we´ll be in the same groups at the same PEPEs at the same time!

On Saturday and Sunday we bought $500-worth of medicines including multivitamins, children´s paracetamol, antiparasitics, and various antibiotics and joined forces with some local Christian doctors to run well-publicised medical missions in the slum areas of San Fransisco and Valle de la Flor. Each "medical post" was based at church , or site of proposed church, and whilst the medical aids were being handed out by Ricardo, the rest of the team entertained and educated the locals with parachutes, balloon making, crafts, football, vollyball, and music.

We managed to give all the medical equipment out to the assembled throngs. It was a real blessing for all of us to spend time with the local people, build relationships, and share from the love of God.

More blog to follow later...

Advertisement



15th July 2009

latest updates
Glad that all continues well and your Pepes classes were well recieved,i'm sure the diffuculty in language can prove a challenge at times but I am sure the mimes,etc you are using get the message across.The medicine I know would be well received by the medical teams there and help the villagers with health needs.You are all doing a fantastic job and I am sure learning as much as teaching.You all keep well and keep us posted on how things go.
15th July 2009

So much to tell, so little time...
I am just home from shopping in Lanark and it was good to find an update on your Blog. I guessed that you all must have been really busy over the past few days. It was very good to hear about your work with the PEPE children, and Richard doing his medical bit with the medications with all the fun you others provided while this was going on. It is ,as you say, wonderful to be able to express God's love to these people and to know the Lord's guidance as you do it. Am wondering how the painting is going on? Have been praying for you all. Must make a meal now - it is 5.30pm. Much love, Angela.
15th July 2009

Bless you for your update!
SO SO SO enjoyed every bit of news. LOTS to pray about and will be specially praying for the PEPE time on Friday. May the Lord fill you all with His Holy Spirit, to sustain you; bless the kids, every contact and to glorify God. Loads of love Auntie Katie xxxxxxx
15th July 2009

Just a quick hi from us! We are so pleased that all is going well and that you are all happy. Please say a special hi to Lidia from us. We are all missing you, Lidia. Abbie keeps asking when you are coming back! Love to you all, the Gurlings x
15th July 2009

Am enjoying keeping up-to-date with all your endeavours and hope that your last few days are a real blessing to everyone. Looking forward to seeing your photos. I hope your extended stay in South America goes well, Richard. Every blessing. Ann

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb