Chillaxing in Sucre, Bolivia


Advertisement
South America
June 25th 2009
Published: June 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bolivia has been a bit of a surprise and I´m really liking it so far. Sucre is a pretty whitewashed Colonial town with lots of tourist facilities. there´s a great market for fresh food and traditional Alpaca & Bolivian crafts and it´s very cheap! Although it´s quite cold in the evening we have had lovely sunny days.

Alex, Mel and I have ben out shopping for the perfect Alpaca jumpers and we were so excited to head round the shops and do our bargaining. Alex and Mel went a bit mad but i just bought a jumper and some leg warmers cos I´m saving myself for La Paz shops and peru´- i already can´t fit anything else into my rucksack so i think I´ll need a second bag!

We have been joined by another 6 people on our GAP tour - 3 couples - from Oz, Switzerland and Ireland who all seem very nice and I´m sure we´ll get to know very well over the next week or so.

We found our favourite hangout very early on and have been going back for huge 3 course meals and jugs of Sangria - for less than a tenner and it´s amazing. The traditional Bolivian food is even cheaper and it´s easy to eat for under a pound, they are mad daft on potatoes, every single way you could imagine cooking them and I´m glad to say they don´t add lots of salt to everything like the Brazilians do.

Every day we get the street man to squeeze us a huge fresh orange juice and it´s less than 20p.

On our last day we visited the sights '- lots of churches, the cathedral and ancient dinosaur footprints which is due to become a world heritage site soon. We also then headed out for a group dinner and some drinks and dancing with the locals.

Internet access is good here but uploading photos is difficult so i promise to get them on soon

xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb