In the world´s highest city


Advertisement
South America
July 21st 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have now arrived in the beautiful city of Lap Paz in Bolivia. The journey in was spectacular as we descended from 4300m to 3800m in about 5 mins and the view was amazing. The city is in a high bowl and the lights made it look unreal. The half day tour today has been great and we now have the rest of the day at our leisure (a rare commodity!). We are off to a rooftop restaurant tonight that has great views of the city. It will be quite sad to leave La Paz tomorrow for Buenos Aires. The altitude does get to you sometimes though, not much effort results in some heavy breathing. The Andean part of our adventure comes to an end now as we continue to Argentina and Brazil. Peru has been even better than we anticipated, everyday was packed with different adventures, Machu Picchu was definitely the highlight.

So we will arrive in BA tomorrow afternoon for 3 nights and probably some rain, so far we have been carrying the sunshine with us, suntans and mossy bites have been spread amongst us but noone is complaining. The 7 of us get on well and there is always loads to talk about in the evenings (it´s dark most night at 6.30!)

Now unfortunately i am writing this on a basic PC and I´m not able to upload any photoes, no USB ports on these babies!, so I´ll update it in Argentina hopefully.

Bye from Andean country



Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0908s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb