Where to go in Latin America to Take the Best Photos


Advertisement
South America
July 3rd 2018
Published: July 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

In the age of Instagram, everyone is out to snap the best pictures for their feed. For many travellers, it is important to choose a destination that is enticing enough to share with the rest of the world. Luckily, Latin America is full of such places! Here is a list of the most visually arresting places in the region. These spots are practically asking to be photographed.

1. Salar de Uyuni

Let’s top the list with the remarkable salt flat in Bolivia. We honestly believe that this is the closest we would ever come to heaven on earth! The thin layer of water that covers the ground turns it into a breathtaking canvas. A trip here during the rainy season is nothing short of ethereal! The creative possibilities are limitless so feel free to play around with depth of field and perspective.



2. The River of Five Colors

Officially known as Caño Cristales is quite the sight to behold. Nestled in the mountain ranges of Serranía de la Macarena, it is easy to see why it is called the Liquid Rainbow. The Colombian river is beautiful with tones of black, blue, green, red, and yellow. There are also caverns, pools, and waterfalls that add further drama to the scene. Aside from being an extremely photogenic destination, it is also a nice place for a dip so don’t forget to bring swimming attire!



3. Valparaíso

This Chilean city is popular for its colourful houses and wonderful street art. If you need some colour to brighten up your Instagram, this UNESCO World Heritage city is the right place for you. This is a place that is brimming with charm and culture. Did you know that poet Pablo Neruda used to live here? We’re no longer wondering where he was able to find inspiration.



4. Iguazu Falls

Waterfalls are, by nature, worthy of a lot of photos but the Iguazu Falls is in a league of its own. Located on the border between Argentina and Brazil, it is an awe-inspiring sight that won’t leave you disappointed. It is a true demonstration of the beauty that nature can create. You might be able to capture some wonderful shots, but we guarantee that it would not compare with the moment you stand in front of these falls.



5. Lake Titicaca

There’s something incredible about a big lake on a high altitude. Not to mention the floating islands and the ancient culture that comes with it! This is a sacred body of water that lies between Bolivia and Peru. The views are spectacular and the locals dress colourfully. It definitely offers many photo opportunities for budding photographers.



A lot of people scoff at the idea of taking multiple photographs, claiming that it was more important to “live in the moment”. However, there is no denying the fact that photos serve as visual reminders of the memories we make. Besides, who said we can’t do both things at the same time? I recomend you get in touch with The Latin America Travel Company for bespoke help with planning your trip, they are really friendly and know a heck of a lot about Latin America.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb