Uruguay


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay
February 9th 2017
Published: March 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I spent a few days in Uruguay, first in Montevideo the capital.it was really worth doing the walking tour here to learn how different this country is from the rest of the continent. They don't have crazy mountain and river activities, so tourist don't come here a lot, they just have the beach and maybe some horse riding if you adventure yourself inland. They only have 5 million people in the whole country, the guide jokes saying they had more cows than people. Unlike every other country, they don't have any indigenous population left, they are all immigrants and know it so they welcome anyone in, and they are vey open minded. It is the only country in South America to have legal gay marriage, legal abortion and legal marijuana. Their president office is a glass building to fight corruption so people can see what the president is doing. He walks from his office to his car in the street like anyone would... where else would you see that??
It just felt like we had a lot to learn from them!!

After Montevideo, I went to Colonia del Sacramento which is the closest town to Buenos Aires and it has a cute historical area with cobble stone street, it was voted unesco world heritage but.... the picture are not on my phone so they will come later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

DSC_0974DSC_0974
DSC_0974

French man designed the park and never left his name cause got ashamed by what he drawn on the fences by mistake! funny story! on this park, the Romantic museum ironically!
DSC_0966DSC_0966
DSC_0966

Presidential palace
DSC_0991DSC_0991
DSC_0991

Colonia del Sacramento


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb