Buenos Aires and a long tour bus ride!


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » North
October 29th 2017
Published: November 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Buenos AiresBuenos AiresBuenos Aires

Some monument
Buenos Aires



When we received our invitation to have lunch with the Captain , I started to think about the questions that I could ask of him. Pay rates as a Captain , changes in propulsion for large tonnage ships, maybe his feelings on the Catalonian vote?

Well this is not the Love Boat! He did buy us and about 300 other guests a glass of champagne , while the main dining area was opened and we had a very nice lunch.

As Kate hadn't preordered her meal , there was not much she could eat , because of her onion allergy.



A good tip. Get on good terms with the assistant Cruise Director. They seem to be more approachable than their bosses. Jeff , grew up in London Ontario and went to school at Western University,so Kate and him could reminisce. When you win a party game then , instead of being given a cruise pin , a bottle of Champagne shows up!



Okay, so put all your favourite adjectives on display. Then we can talk about Buenos Aires. I particularly like " bitching , shit hot , right on , and maybe way cool."

Then start to talk about the _________monuments and the __________ buildings and the _________plaza's. BA , for short , is absolutely a pearl. Kate and I thought maybe not Paris South , but a city with vast expanses of parks and plaza's that it's people are enjoying. Over the top monuments and buildings, good infrastructure and most importantly a bitchin vibe.



The hop on hop off bus tour that we bought was overpriced. Should have been called the hop on , hop off , never get back on again tour. Too lengthy a stay at the scheduled stops, and no way you could get on at a stop , with major queues.



Kate picked up an Argentine Starbucks mug , which we collect , this one was for a friend. No toilet paper in the washroom! Ouch! Also 2 adorable young girls spent the whole time we were there panhandling inside the store. Never had that happen before.



Kate won another trivia , this one was 20 busiest world airports and their identifiers.



We got 37 of. , 42 points. Only
Buenos AiresBuenos AiresBuenos Aires

You get the idea!
won a pin!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Maybe a giant eggMaybe a giant egg
Maybe a giant egg

Mimicking the Bull in NYC!


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb