Inca-redible


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
April 3rd 2014
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -13.2646, -72.2658

Breakfast was at the hotel restaurant buffet style and then at 8:00 we boarded our bus for the white water rafting trip down the Urubamba River. We arrived at the entry point and were given instructions before being give our wetsuits, life vests, windbreakers and helmets and being assigned our boats. The trip down the river was awesome with a lot of history being provided to us by our guide. We spent about two hours on the river.

After we got out we were given time to change and then had some snacks before boarding the bus to head to lunch at Casa Huacatay. We ate a catered lunch of Peruvian foods in the courtyard of the youth hostel.

Then it was a short ride to Ollantaytambo Town and starting our hike up the terraced steps to the temple at the top of Ollantaytambo. It was an incredible site. They estimate that it took 80 years to build the structure in the side of the hill. The rocks are so tight to each other and the construction so well done that this area has stood since the 1400 with little to no decay.

Then we headed to the hotel for some down time, dinner on our own and then some of us met to watch The Emperor's New Groove.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb