Let Travel Commence


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
May 28th 2006
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our Lear jetOur Lear jetOur Lear jet

Our private jet for the Nazca lines
Well finally got away from the UK again. Here's my first entry....

We got the plane from Heathrow *and* managed to get the next one from Madrid to Lima...amazing, I know, I haven't cocked up yet, it is still early though and to be truthful it's most like down to the fact that Katie ensures that I'm pointing in the right direction at the right time.....

When we got to Lima we found a fairly ok hostel (Flying Dog backpackers in Miraflores) where we based our few days in Lima from, mainly sight seeing and the like.

The best part was going into the catacombs underneath the main church, loads dark warrens and absolutely loads of dead bones. Richard decided to grab a bit of someone's spine to carry around (under the pretense of giving it a proper burial). Not too sure what happened to it in the end. Richard?

After Lima we went to a place called Nasca. This was ok but we set off without one of our group. Yes, that's right, Andy missed the bus. The useless git. The very first trip we do on our travels and Andy misses the bus!! It really
PassengersPassengersPassengers

Champagne please!
doesn't bode well for the rest of the travels. Anyway we all finally made it to Nazca (albeit Andy a few hours later than the rest of us).

Nazca is famous for massive carving made in to the rock (a bit like the man with the big cock in England). We took a small cessna type plane up to see all the carvings, it was absolutely superb. There is a load of bollocks associated with the carvings, apparently aliens draw them.....hmm, I don't think I need to say more. After Nasca we took a 13 hour bus journey to Cusco, here is where we will start the Inca trail on Thursday. I'm sure it'll be very knackering...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb