favorites


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
November 28th 2011
Published: November 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thought I would list my fav places we stayed , ate ,went in case you are thinking of going to Peru and also so I can remember!!



Best hotels:

Cusco Hotel Ruinas $125 our room had a fire place and they brought up wine and chocolate covered strawberries to welcome us!

Lima El Patio hotel $45. We stayed in much more expensive hotels and thought that this was a great value. You can hear other quests walking by (thin walls), but everyone seems to make an effort to be quiet when walking throught the hotel.

Puno Casa Panq arani $45 hotel is owned by a really nice guy named Edgar who makes a great effort to help you get around Puno. THe hotel is simple (no tv, phone or internet in room) but very nice.

Ollayantambo Apu Lodge, this hotel also has super friendly people to people you see the city and Sacred Valley. Accomdations are also simple, but nice.



Restaurants:

Lima - El Mar. Only open from 12 -5 everyday. Get there at noon or you will probably have to wait for a table. Freshest seafood we had!!

>Cusco- La Boca. Directly across from the Hotel Ruinas hotel. The sauces they put on everything are amazing!!



other stuff:

If you do to Machu Picchu, get the pass for Haunya Picchu if you can, they only allow 400 people a day. The climb is hard but amazing and fun in the end! It is fun to talk to everyone going up and down, giving each other encouragment and lying about how much farther it is. 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb