Mancora, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
October 1st 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We´ve been in Mancora for 4 days now and leave for Lima tomorrow. The beach is beautiful, large noisy waves that keep you awake at night and apparently they get much larger in the summer. Our hotel is quiet with just a handful of couples staying there. We have little cabins right near the beach. They light a bon fire every night which we enjoy as there´s no ¨entertainment¨. Our hotel restaurant only plays Elvis and Cat Stevens music , breakfast is included every day. We have finally gotten used to the cafe con leche. The town is dry and dusty, it must be really hot in town during the summer. The weather has been very warm and sunny, we´re both sunburnt. Every day we take the moto taxi into town which is about 10 minutes ride over a very bumpy dirt road. Have had seafood every day and finally tried ceviche yesterday (marinated raw seafood) and we both agreed it was delicious. Rode some very skinny horses on the beach, still working up the courage to surf. We watched the surfers all morning and I´ve decided I may save the money and have a massage instead, Doug is still considering surfing. This is the relaxing part of our trip, after this it gets more hectic. We had to change our Peru Rail tickets due to an upcoming teacher´s strike which will affect the day we want to go to Machu Picchu. Luckily we were able to work it out with Peru Rail and our hotel. Flying again tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ShoppingShopping
Shopping

and practising Spanish- he was so patient.
Mojito!Mojito!
Mojito!

I've never seen this, the mint added whole, it was like an aquarium.


19th December 2009

Seafood
I salute your bravery - not something I would ever try! This looks like a perfect spot - love the fine sand on the beach.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb